MORRO BAY RFP RESPONSE
DRKHRSE is a creative communications company based in Morro Bay, California. Our company was founded in NYC and focuses on bringing world class communications expertise to the central coast. DRKHRSE is backed by highly awarded experts in the communications industry who have worked with clients large and small. Everything from radio ads to Super Bowl commercials to Instagram and virtual reality campaigns. Although DRKHRSE has clients around the globe we are looking to expand our commitment to the local community and economy through high powered and economic media solutions. In short, we want to help put more heads in beds and grow our local economy in the most profitable and positive ways possible. Our production studio is located just down Quintana St across from Joe's surf shop. Please stop by and say hello!
MORRO BAY TOURISM'S MAIN POINT OF CONTACT:
Brett Landry - Brett@darkhorse.work
Alex Raban - AlexR@darkhorse.work
DMO'S UNDER CONTRACT WITH:
LIST OF CURRECT SUB CONTRACTORS AND THEIR MAIN ROLE WITH THE CREATION AND EXECUTION OF MARKETING INCL FEE SCHEDULE:
•Micah Gendron - EP - 150/hr
•Anders Steel - PR - 100/hr
•Jennifer Gossnell - Designer - 125/hr
•Adi Mahan - Intern - 25/hr
•Dustin Smith - Designer/Creative Director - 200/hr
TEAM MEMBERS CONNECTED WITH YOUR ACCOUNT AND THEIR BILLING RATES:
•Brett Landry - CD - 150/hr
•Brenda Landry - Media Planner - 150/hr
•Casey Nile - UX / Digital Design - 125/hr
•Gal Da - Photographer/Social Media Design - 80/hr
•Leah Cowley - Finance/Account Management - 125/hr
RATE YOUR COMPANY'S EXPERIENCE AND EFFECTIVENESS IN THE FOLLOWING AREAS:
(1-5,WITH 1 BEING NO EXPERIENCE AND 5 BEING EXPERT) YOU MAY INCLUDE LINES FOR EXPLANATION.
• CREATIVE PARTNERSHIPS
(5) We have formed creative partnerships with many clients large and small. We pride ourselves on personal service, commitment to the highest quality work and meet our deadlines and set budgets. More than anything, we look for partners who want to collaborate and not simply be seen as clients.
• DESTINATION MARKETING/ PUBLIC RELATIONS
(4) We have a PR expert on staff who brings over a decade of experience in, many different sectors. With regards to destination marketing, our most recent work has come in the form of videos that promote Morro Bay. Some of these videos have been for local businesses such as the PaddleBoard company and Grassy Bar Oysters, but also for the central coast and city specifically.
• DIGITAL, PRINT AND BROADCAST MEDIA (NOT APPLICABLE TO PUBLIC RELATIONS)
(5) We have over fifteen years experience in the digital, print and broadcast media fields. We are highly awarded and recognized in publications globally. We currently have the ability to do all full scale production in-house at the DRKHRSE studio in Morro Bay.
• INDUSTRY PARTNERS, INCLUDING TRIP ADVISOR, VISIT CALIFORNIA,
DESTINATION MARKETING ASSOCIATION INTERNATIONAL, DISCOVER AMERICA
(3) We currently work with several industry parters through a partnership with PaxVax, a vaccination company that encourages travelers to seek travel health safety before traveling outside the country.
• ONLINE PORTALS, INCLUDING TRIPADVISOR, VISIT CALIFORNIA, ECT
(4) We have not worked with Visit California but do work with TripAdvisor and other travel websites and ad buying networks.
• PHOTOGRAPHY & VIDEOGRAPHY
(5) We are highly experienced in the fields of photography and videography. We have developed a full scale production program called Exlabs.me that serves as a platform for anyone looking to learn these trades. We have a director on staff and
• TRADE MEDIA, INCLUDING GROUP TRAVEL, SPORTS AND MEETINGS & EVENTS
(3) We have recently begun covering many of Morro Bay's local events. We are also creating new events within Morro Bay such as the first ever surf film fest!
• CRISIS COMMUNICATIONS
5 We have worked with the CIA and FBI to combat ISIS groups in England, through extensive social and traditional media campaigns.
OUTLINE OF YOUR COMPANY'S PLANNING, EXECUTION AND REPORTING PROCESSES:
Our company begins by understanding each client's unique goals. We then formulate an overarching strategy around those goals. From there we develop a creative brief and overarching campaign for success. We then execute our plan and monitor results. Then we repeat the process and optimize, along with client input at each step of this process.
PRESENT A SUCCESSFUL CAMPAIGN:
(MARKETING, PUBLIC RELATIONS OR BOTH YOU CREATED,EXECUTED, THE GOALS/OBJECTIVES AND ITS RESULTS INCLUDING HOW YOU MEASURE SUCCESS.)
DRKHRSE recently completed a campaign for PaxVax, a vaccination company based in Redwood City, CA. The campaign featured virtual reality videos that targeted travelers around the country to seek travel health advice before going on vacation. The campaign created a 30% lift in vaccination orders around the country, and continues to grow. We helped PaxVax gain a following on Facebook of over 5000 fans and pushed the media boundaries resulting in an extremely high click through rate of between 5% and 9%. The ads were featured on travel websites, including Expedia, Travelocity, Trip Advisor and Conde Nast. The goal was to encourage travelers to learn more about travel health and to see a lift in vaccination orders around the united states. We measure success by specifically targeting preset goals agreed upon by both our agency and the client. Sometimes that might be getting more hotel bookings for Morro Bay, other times it might be to increase Morro Bay's fan base on Facebook. It's all about the task at hand.
IF REQUESTED, PRESENT A CONCEPTUAL CAMPAIGN YOU CREATED, EXECUTED, THE GOALS/ OBJECTIVES AND IT'S RESULTS:
(MARKETING, PUBLIC RELATIONS OR BOTH)
Below are some examples of conceptual campaigns that we have produced recently for the city of Morro Bay. For more case studies and examples of our work, please visit www.darkhorse.work
Morro Bay Commerical
a tv advertisement produced for the city of morro bay that aired on national television during the amgen bike race.
Put Life On Coast
A short film documenting the life that the central coast and morro bay has to offer.
Grassy Bar Oyster Company
Grassy bar is a locally owned oyster company with deep roots in morro bay. we shot this short film for george, the owner, as a way to cimply promote his business, and maybe to get a few free oysters out of the deal.
The Paddle Board Co
the paddle board company came to us to help promote their brand and their sport. this is another short film that helps promote small business in morro bay, and the city itself.
Forever Stoked Art Festival
forever stoked is an awesome local artist collective. we work closely with them as a client and produced this short film to help their business grow.
Avocado Margarita Festival
We love avocados, we love margaritas. We enjoy making films.
USA Women Water Polo Team
the usa water polo team helped open the new swimming pool at the morro bay high school. we recruited high school students to help us document the event above and below the water.
Amgen Stage 3 Finals
A short video we produced for the amgen bike race to highlight how big events feel in our seaside town.
Larry Landry Kite Festival
our intrepid reporter larry landry looks into the fun and sun of the morro bay kite festival
Virg's Landing Promo
A short film done for virg's landing which will be shown at trade shows to encourage travelers to visit morro bay
2018 PROJECTS IN POST
LIGHTED BOAT PARADE
MORRO BAY SURF FILM FESTIVAL